Ever wanted to write music but haven’t known how? Do you write music already but want to explore new ways to spark your creativity?
We want you to take part in our #ScoresOfPeople music project. You don’t need any musical experience.
#ScoresOfPeople is a project where you will compose and/or make music to graphic scores. A graphic score illustrates music in images or symbols, instead of using traditional notation. Find out how to take part below, and click here to see the gallery of graphic scores that people have already created: www.moogiewonderland.co.uk/scores-of-people-graphic-score-gallery
1. Create a graphic score
- Compose your graphic score (you could use drawing, painting, collage, animation, film, photography, text, sculpture)
2. Perform and record a graphic score
- Search the Instagram hashtag #ScoresOfPeople, or our gallery here: www.moogiewonderland.co.uk/scores-of-people-graphic-score-gallery and find a graphic score you like
- Try making music to it using anything you have (household items, instruments, or even build your own instruments)
- Record the music you make
3. Share your work! (#ScoresOfPeople)
- If you’ve composed a graphic score share it for others to find so that they can perform it
- If you’ve recorded a performance inspired by a graphic score, share it with the original image for others to hear
- You can share your scores or recordings by:
- Sharing them on Instagram using the hashtag #ScoresOfPeople and tagging @moogiewonderland
- Sending graphic scores or links to audio files to firstname.lastname@example.org – we will add them to the Scores Of People Gallery page and to our social media (files may take up to 48 hours to appear and are subject to our community standards).